Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Elizabeth, A Tattered Page

Photograph by Aggie Mactavish
 ImmateriA in collaboration with Stargazer Creations offer an exclusive event item that will be set at a special sale price throughout the duration of the Tattered Page [*citation needed] event beginning November 7th. 
Elizabeth was inspired by the following text in Chapter 23:
 "It came from the room into which Elizabeth had retired. As I heard it, the whole truth rushed into my mind, my arms dropped, the motion of every muscle and fibre was suspended; I could feel the blood trickling in my veins and tingling in the extremities of my limbs. This state lasted but for an instant; the scream was repeated, and I rushed into the room. Great God! Why did I not then expire! Why am I here to relate the destruction of the best hope and the purest creature on earth? She was there, lifeless and inanimate, thrown across the bed, her head hanging down and her pale and distorted features half covered by her hair. Everywhere I turn I see the same figure–her bloodless arms and relaxed form flung by the murderer on its bridal bier. Could I behold this and live? Alas! Life is obstinate and clings closest where it is most hated. For a moment only did I lose recollection; I fell senseless on the ground" (Shelley 165).

This scene had great significance; the murder of Elizabeth on her wedding night was the final catapult into Victor's descent of revenge that stripped away what was left of his humanity. It is also said from literary scholars that this scene was inspired by a painting from Henry Fuseli's 'The Nightmare'.

Aggie Mactavish of Stargazer Creations generously added the Elizabeth skin in several stages, all representing the "lifeless" body.  ImmateriA contribution is Elizabeth's lifeless eyes and the lace wedding gown and veil worn but hours earlier.


For additional information http://atatteredpage.wordpress.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment